No move goes off without a hitch, but you can drastically cut the stress and the chaos with a little packing finesse and a whole lot of organization. One of the best things you can do to organize your move and cut down on the mess is to look into mobile storage solutions. Having a mobile unit dropped off at your house for you to load during the weeks leading up to the move keeps the boxes out of your way, allows for more packing time, and gives you the opportunity to pull off the most organized move ever.
In addition to having a mobile storage unit at your disposal, follow these packing tips for a smooth move:
1. Organize – Several weeks before you move, purchase all the packing and moving supplies you’ll need. This should include plenty of boxes as well as color-coded labels, tape, packing materials, and markers. During this time, it’s also a great idea to establish a packing schedule.
2. Spread It Out – Pack a little each day in the weeks and days leading up to the move. Place packed boxes and furniture you don’t use into a mobile storage unit. Be sure to place the larger items toward the back and keep the items you might need to get into toward the front where they are more accessible.
3. Ask for Help – Moving is a huge job; don’t try to do it alone. Gather as many helpers as you can to lighten the load on everyone.
4. Have a Game Plan – Have a plan for moving day and make sure everyone is on board. When everyone knows what to do and works together, things fall into place.
5. Pack an Essentials Box – Pack a box containing all the things you will need right away at the new place. Keep this box in a separate location during the move so you’ll know right where to find it.
Storage units in San Diego and mobile storage units make your move a lot easier by allowing for more efficient organization, more time, and more flexibility. At Coronado Mobile Storage we know that moving can be stressful, that is why we make renting any of our storage units easy and convenient. For more information about our mobile storage units please visit www.coronadomobilestorage.com or contact us at 619.798.9638 with any questions.