Spring has sprung, which means it’s time to open the windows and let the fresh air in! With a change in the weather comes the opportunity to get organized and start new. In order to maximize the results of your spring cleaning efforts, we’ve put together a checklist to follow so you’re sure to get your house looking spotless.
- Organization Station – Before you pull out the cleaning supplies, it’s best to start by putting items where they belong and throwing out the things you don’t want (or need). Take the time to organize things logically, you’ll thank yourself in the long run! If you come across things you want to keep, but don’t use on a regular basis, set them aside to put in your storage unit. If you don’t have a storage unit, Coronado Mobile Storage in San Diego offers mobile storage and storage rentals, which provide a safe space for your belongings.
- Closet Clutter – Closets tend to be a great place to put things when you don’t know where else to put them, but a not so great place to revisit when you need to find something. Tupperware bins and baskets are a solid solution for storing things like shoes and sports equipment so items aren’t loose. This is the perfect opportunity to take the time to tackle closets head on.
- Dust and More Dust – Use a long pole duster to dust ceilings, walls, doorways, fans, etc. Don’t forget corner cobwebs, ceiling fans, and doorways. Always dust top to bottom so dust and dirt will naturally fall downward.
- Vroom Vroom – Depending on your spring cleaning motivation level, simply vacuum per usual, or if you’re feeling extra handy, rent a carpet cleaning machine or hire a professional carpet cleaning service. Either way, vacuuming should happen after all other cleaning in order to pick up all dirt that has gathered.
- Swap out the Bats – Do a run through of the house and check all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide indicators to ensure they are working properly and batteries are alive and well. Safety first!
Regardless of what you choose to tackle during spring cleaning, it’s important to simplify and get organized. Let Coronado Mobile Storage in San Diego help you take items you aren’t using and keep them stored safe so you can live in a clutter free environment. For further information please contact CMS at 619.423.8645 or visit www.CoronadoMobileStorage.com for further information.